21 Aug 2014

My first 2000p battles

After few small learning battles I had great opportunity to play massive 2000p battles. My opponent - Ross that I meet on W4F forum have a impressive Empire army.

The two battles that we played during Saturday gave me a lot of information / experience on how my WoC army works.

As not experienced player my first battle was a massacre !!! Beginning from deployment I put my Chimera away from my Lord and Hero and in first round after a fight with Demigryph Knights she did not pass LD test and to the rest of the game she was fleeing. One powerful model out. My Skullcrushers with Lord where block in second round by Empire tank and till 6 round I was just standing there trying to do destroy it. Later the Demigryph Knights joint the fight but where slain by the Skullcrushers. Overall great game and lot of info how not to play my army.

Second battle and the same army list. This time I won but it was very hard and if there would be one more round I would loose the game. This time me Chimera was close to my Lord but first round and a good spell from Ross wizard and she was out from the table. The Skullcrushers charge Outriders and after wiping them out proceed to Demigryph. And that was a stopping point my poor Lord could not kill in a challenge one Demigryph champion. The fight was taking ages. Knights destroy a Helblaster Volley Gun then Celestial Hurricanum and finally my BSB Knight killed the wizard.

Overall great Saturday, can’t wait for more battles! Army wise I will probably drop Chariot and use more Warriors as they are very good. Somehow I have to protect my Chimera and let here get to a battle and see here potential. Skullcrushers will stay the same or maybe I will give them better weapon. Knights will still be a supporting unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment