20 Aug 2018

Terrain Showcase & Tutorial - Winter barricade / fence

scratch build terrain
One of my fevered and quick to do terrain pieces are barricades as I can use all the leftovers materials that I used in previous terrain builds.


Materials that I used:
  • Corrugated cardboard
  • Plastic rods
  • Plastic sheet from a sim card
  • Drinking straw
  • Foam board
  • Wood stirrers
  • Big rocks
  • Metal mesh
  • MDF base
  • Filler
  • Static snow

scratch build terrain
First I cut all the elements to proper / random size and with hot glue gun I glue the biggest pieces to the bases.
From plastic roods and wood stirrers I crated some fences.

wargame winter barricade
In second step I added the drinking straw to imitate metal pipes and feel the space.

wargame winter barricade
Last step was to add the corrugated cardboard, metal mesh and filled holes with filler.

tabletop winter barricade

wargame winter barricade

Painting:

I paint the base in a standard way as for all my winter scenery.

All metal parts, mesh, plastic I painted with Leadbelcher and corrugated cardboard with Warplock Bronze.

Everything in Leadbelcher got an Agrax Earthshade wash and Warplock Bronze a wash of Bloodletter.

After everything dry I use Ryza Rust on the metal parts and drybrush everything with Necron Compound.

On all the wood elements I used cheap paint Burnt Amber give a heavy drybrush of Dryad Bark follow by light drybrush of Zandri Dust and wash everything with Agrax Earthshade.

Final product:

winter barricade

wargame barricade

tabletop barricade

city barricade

wargame winter barricade





1 comment:

  1. fajne te tereny:0 spokojnie możesz nimi handlować:)

    ReplyDelete