5 Mar 2019

Terrain tutorial – Death World cardboard hill & rocks

warhammer terrain cardboard hill
In today terrain tutorial I want to present how I created rocks spires for my Death World board.


Construction


I used whatever cardboard I had at home and cut out shapes in different sizes. The thickness of the cardboard doesn’t matter, but I try to mix them to get more random result. When I was happy with the amount of cardboard I glue them together with hot glue gun.

kill team kill zone - death world cardboard hill

warhammer terrain cardboard hill

I prepared the “paper mache” to cover the cardboard shapes. It is very easy I used toilet paper, water and PVA glue. Mixed everything in a big bowl and started applying the mix with my fingers to the cardboard.

kill zone rocks

terrain tutorial hill

The bottoms of the rocks I covered with hot glue and cut out the excess of the dry glue.

kill team kill zone - death world cardboard hill

Next step is not necessary, but I mix filler with grey paint and stipple it randomly on the rocks to give it even more rough texture.

warhammer terrain cardboard hill

Last step was to cover flat surfaces with a mix of different size stones and sand.

kill zone rocks

Painting


Grey Stone

  • Base – Wilkos Flintstone
  • Drybrush – Hobby Craft – Light Grey
  • Light drybrush – White

terrain tutorial hill

Orange earth

  • Base – dark brown
  • Drybrush – GW Jokaero Orange
  • Light drybrush – GW Fire Dragon Bright

warhammer terrain cardboard hill

warhammer terrain cardboard hill

terrain tutorial hill

At the end I added in random places patches of static grass - burnt grass from GW.

The finall terrain can be view here.














4 comments: