4 Apr 2019

The Death world Kill Zone terrain how and what

warhammer kill team kill zone

To summarise the build of my Death World - Kill Zone I decided to write quick post about costs and all the elements used for my board. I try to use whatever stuff I already had and not to spend extra amount of money.



After buying Deathwatch Kill Team Mordelai box I was left with set of games workshop death world trees and combining that with Moon Base Klaisus board that one side looks like an industrial / brown-orange planet surface I had the basic idea what I want to build. No cost here as I already had the board and trees.



Second thing that I already had was cheap aquarium plants that I both ages ago from ebay for around £3. The only issue was bright green colour of the leaf’s, but I decided to paint them after finishing the trees to match the colour.

After collecting all the assets that I already had it was time to see what more to add. As usual I focus on the cheapest option and one that will not consume a lot of time when making.

From my experience in terrain building the cheapest option and eases to make are always rocks. There is a lot of material to make them fast. This time I decided to go with cardboard for base construction as I had a few empty Ikea boxes after buying some furniture. You can always get free boxes in local supermarket. The only downside of the build is to wait for the “paper mache” to dry but with good project planning it was durable to jump from the rock to other pieces of the terrain.

warhammer kill team terrain

Painting – was a mix of cheap pound and Wilkos paints for large surfaces and citadel for drybrush – again all the stuff I already had.

Summarising the terrain is not a masterpiece but is ready and it is enough to cover a Kill Team game board. It was made fast and cheap and I think it looks better than just trees for the Killzone: Deathworld Forest. View all posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment