8 Jul 2019

Terrain Showcase & tutorial - Cork walls with metal support

wargame city terrain
In today’s tutorial I will present how to create walls with metal support out of cork. The cork is Ikea Heat Resistant Trivet Mat made of cork.



Construction:


1. I cut the cork into different lengths. I marked 1cm spaces where the hard paper will go and with sharp blade I created holes and damages in the cork.
wargame city terrain

2. I cut strips of hard paper and glue them in marked places.
warhammer cork terrain

3. Some of the cork walls I set up in “L” shapes to create corners.
warhammer terrain tutorial

4. I used hot glue to connect the cork and apply the glue in random place to give the walls some stability. In random places I stick big leftover pieces of cork.
wargames cork terrain tutorial

5. I marked 1cm from the bottom and top of the paper strips and glue small jets to imitate rivets.
40k walls

6. Final step was to cover all the hot glue areas with PVA and sand.

Painting stone:


  • Base: Mechanicus Standard Grey
  • Wash: Agrax Earthshade
  • Drybrush: Dawnstone
  • Drybrush: Administratum Grey

Painting metal:


  • Base: Leadbelcher
  • Random patches of Ryza Rust
  • Wash: Agrax Earthshade and in random places Nuln Oil
  • Drybrush: Necron compound

Final product


warhammer cork terrain

wargame city terrain

warhammer cork wall

warhammer terrain tutorial

warhammer cork terrain

wargames cork terrain tutorial

2 comments: