28 Apr 2020

Terrain tutorial - How I build and painted TTcombat MDF Gothic Corner Ruins winter style

building and painting mdf terrain from ttcombat
Today I present a tutorial how I upgraded and painted in a winter style - Gothic Corner Ruins MDF terrain from TTCombat company.



After gluing all the pieces together, I used filler to create small blobs where more debris would gather especially in corners. Then I cover it all in PVA glue and use a mixture of different size sand and small stones.

updating mdf terrain
For all the terrain painting I used cheap paints, but I try to keep the colours as close as passible to the games workshop range.

Using stippling method with a big size brush:

  • Heavy Russ Grey
  • Medium Fenrisian Grey
  • Spots Lothern Blue

painting mdf terrain
Solid drybrush – Downstone
Very light drybrush of white

Adornments

Basecoat – Zandri Dust
Wash – Agrax Earthshade
Drybrush – Screaming Skull



Dirt at the bottom

Using sponge I randomly stippled Typhus Corrosion

upgrading mdf terrain

Floors

Tiles - Black & White
Wash - Agrax Earthshade

Floor metal elements

Stippling – Troll Slayer Orange
Stippling – Leadbelcher
Random places bit of wash – Agrax Earthshade

mdf terrian

Burns

Heavy drybrush – Rhinox Hide
Light drybrush - Black



Last element was to add static snow in random places.

Ready terrain


ttcombat mdf terrain

mdf gothic ruin wargame terrain

You can view full gallerys:

No comments:

Post a Comment