9 Apr 2014

My first battle after four years

Finally after four years brake I had my first game in my local GW shop in Sutton. As I had such a long brake I asked for a learning session.


Charlie the manager of the store is great – led my truth the game and explain everything stage by stage.
The game was 1000p and I first time used my Khorne – Warriors of Chaos. My opponent was also playing WoC but Nurgle.

I don’t remember everything with details as I was to exited and we made some mistakes but I will write short how the battle proceeded. Sorry if something will look like wrong played but it was my first game and maybe I remember something wrong way.

I added some photos but unfortunately I did not take photos every round. And like always sorry for my English.

My Khorne army:

  • Hero on horse with a shield.
  • Hero on foot with a magical shield – enhanced shield.
  • 18 WoC – Champion, Banner, Musician.
  • 5 Knights – Champion, Banner, Musician.
  • 3 Skullcrusher

Nurgle army: don’t remamber correctly the number but he had.

  • Hero on horse.
  • Wizzard
  • Warriors with two hand weapon
  • Forsaken
  • Knights

Sword of templar - Khorne army

In first round his Knights managed to charge my Skullcrushers as I forgot that Cavalry have Swiftride rule and just moved mine.

My Knights move next to Skullcrushers and Warriors on right side of the table move to meet his Forsaken.

His Wizard cast a spell but I dispel it.

We made major mistake as he issue a challenge I accepted but I did not had any upgrades in my Skullcrushers unit. Any way I slain his Champion and on the roll of Eye of Goods I got +1 to Initiative.

Rest of the unit did poorly (my rolls) and his Knights killed one Skullcrusher.

In second round My Knights charged his Warriors and Warriors charged Forsaken going truth – I think poisonous forest and I lost one Warrior.

The Wizard did not cast a spell.

My Skullcrushers managed to kill 4 Knights but he managed to make a Leadership test. Back he did a wound on one Skullcrusher.

Khorne Army

My Knights managed to kill 4-5 Warriors and my Hero killed unit Champion. But his Warriors with two hand weapon manage to slain 5! Knights and my Hero run away.

On other side of the table my Warriors with Hero did a nice massacre on Forsaken and even regeneration did not helped – they run away and I did not succeed to pursuit them.


In round three my Skullcrushers finish his Knights and auto charge into Warriors. My hero pass the Leadership test and reform.

His Forsaken did not take Leadership test and run away more and I was chasing them with my unit.

Skullcrushers menage to kill few Warriors but in replay his Wizard killed one and the second Skullcrusher last only with one wound. I managed to make brake test.

Round four was devastating !!! My hero charge and issue a challenge but did not do anything, his Wizzard killed him and roll 11 on the Eye of the Goods table. My Skullcrusher killed one Warrior. In reply Warriors finished Skullcrushers.

Forsaken run of the table and I reform my unit.

In round five I marched with my Warriors and he cast a spell with irresistible force killing two of my Warriors and also killing two of his.

In the last round I managed to charge him, my Hero killed the Wizard and the unit needed double one to pass the test and I managed to pursue him.

Overall great first game for me ! many thanks to Charlie and hope to have more. Blood for the blood good and skulls for his throne !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment