10 Sept 2018

Terrain Showcase & Tutorial - Winter “floor” rubble for TTCombat Ruin Sector buildings


I’m a big fan on MDF scenery especially British company - TTCombat. I really enjoyed building their Ruin Sector that you can see here. The buildings from the set are great and all come with bases but when you set up them to create a bigger building it creates strange looking gaps between bases. Of course, you can fill them with some loose stones to blend with the table etc. but I wanted something else.


I decided to use the same solution that I did when building my Winter rubble. It was a bit annoying to cut all the mdf pieces to fit with the bases, but I found a piece of foam from and pizza base that was perfect for the “floor” as I call the build.

Step by step:

First, I set up the buildings in the way I wanted them on the table and marked the lines. After that I cut the foam and fit again all the elements.




Second step was to add the floor from a thin foam the same way as here. Some leftover mdf pieces to strengthen the base, cut-offs from the pizza base and fill the holes with filler.




Last step was to mix different stones, sand, black paint and PVA together and spread it randomly onto the terrain.


For painting I used the same technique as with the Ruin Sector

Finish terrain pieces:

















No comments:

Post a Comment