24 Sept 2018

Terrain Showcase & tutorial - winter "floor" rubble for MDF buildings

wargame winter terrain
After finishing a big batch of buildings, I set them up on my gaming table and thought that without bases they look plain. Due to small capacity of storage I could not add bases to the buildings as it would be even harder to storage them. At the beginning of the month I posted a tutorial on how I created: Winter rubble “floor” for TTCombat Ruin Sector buildings. With this idea in mind I decided to make something in similar fashion.


Materials:
  • Cork
  • Foamboard
  • Filler
  • Thin foam sheet
  • MDF Leftover
  • Different size stones & sand

Step 1

I set up the building together and mark the end and cut the foamboard to proper size. Then with the filler I create two shapes to represent small craters and tore to small shapes the cork. After the filler dry I glue the cork in and added some more filler to blend the cork edges with the board.

wargame winter terrain

Step 2

After everything dried I used hot glue gun and glue in random places the MDF leftovers, cut thin mdf sheet into squares and glue them to make some pavement and finally I mix stones, sand, black paint and PVA and spread the mixture in random places.



Painting

Like with all my winter scenery I try to keep one set paints to make the scenery more or less match together – painting tutorial here.

wargame winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

After painting Last step was to add snow.

wargame winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

No comments:

Post a Comment