30 Sept 2018

Terrain Showcase & Tutorial - Winter walkways

wargame winter walkways
It is the last post covering my winter city builds this month. When I was working on this project I knew that I want to use the building in Kill Teams games as well. With that in mind I decided to add some walkways.



When I was working with the buildings I already prepare space by removing some of the window separators to have space for the walkways to connect to the buildings.

wargame winter walkways
Materials:

  • Foamboard
  • Thin foam sheet
  • Toothpicks
  • Sand

I cut the bottom and walls from foamboard. I market 5mm on each end and cut out the foam. This 5mm is the space that the walkway will connect to the building.

wargame winter walkways
I cut small walls from the foamboard and from the thin foam sheet I cut rectangle to use as floor. With a pen I marked the stone floor.

wargame winter walkways

wargame winter walkways
I cut the toothpicks to required size and glue to the side to break the plain wall.
With a hobby knife I made few holes and damage a bit the walls.

wargame winter walkways
Final step was to add stones and sand in random spots and use filler to stipple to the wall to add some texture.

wargame winter walkways
Painting process was the same as all my winter scenery.

wargame walkways

terrain walkways

wargame winter walkways

wargame winter walkways

scratch build walkways

warhammer walkways

warhammer terrain walkways
Additionally, from leftovers of toothpicks and coffee stirrers I build two more walkways. For the bottom support I used thicker BBQ sticks.

warhammer terrain walkways

warhammer terrain walkways

warhammer terrain walkways

No comments:

Post a Comment